|Medtronic Announces Scientific Data Presentations at the American Diabetes Association 78th Scientific Sessions Meeting|
(GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) --Medtronic Will Host a Webcast of Its Diabetes Group Analyst and Investor Briefing
on Monday, June 25 from 9 - 10 a.m. EDT
DUBLIN - June 19, 2018 - Medtronic plc (NYSE:MDT), the global leader in medical technology, today announced its schedule of notable sessions that will be presented at the 78th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association, in Orlando, June 22-26. A significant portion of the scientific data being presented focuses on Medtronic's insulin pump systems, including the MiniMed(TM) 670G system, the world's first hybrid closed-loop system. Data will also be presented on the Sugar.IQ(TM) app, powered by IBM Watson technology, as well as managing glucose control using the Guardian(TM) Connect continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system.
- "Real-World Assessment of Sugar.IQ with Watson: A Cognitive Computing-Based Diabetes Management Solution" - oral presentation by Yuxiang Zhong on Friday, June 22 from 6 - 6:15 p.m. W311, 16-OR.
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM)
- "Real-world Avoidance of Glucose Excursions with the Guardian Connect CGM System's Predictive Alerts" - poster presentation by Sinu Bessy Abraham on Saturday, June 23 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Poster Hall, 953-P.
- "Fourth-Generation Glucose Sensor with an Advanced Algorithm Featuring No Calibrations and Optional Calibration Modes of Operation" - poster presentation by Dr. Andrea Varsavsky on Saturday, June 23 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Poster Hall, 936-P.
Insulin Pump Therapy
- "Real-World Data from the MiniMed 670G System Commercial Launch: Patients Previously Using MDI Therapy" - oral presentation by Dr. Scott W. Lee on Sunday, June 24 from 3 - 3:15 p.m. W308, 209-OR.
- "Real-World Data from the MiniMed 670G System Commercial Launch" - poster presentation by Pratik Agrawal on Sunday, June 24 from 12 - 1 p.m. (Poster Hall, 960-P and 994-P covering 1,052 patients) and a moderated poster presentation on Monday, June 25 from 12-1 p.m. (ePoster Theater B, 960-P).
- "The MiniMed 670G Hybrid Closed-Loop (HCL) System and Patient-Reported Outcomes Concerning Quality of Life Measures" - poster presentation by Shweta Gopalakrishnan on Sunday, June 24 from 12 - 1 p.m. (Poster Hall, 963-P) and moderated poster presentation on Monday, June 25 from 12 - 1 p.m. (ePoster Theater B, 663-P).
- "Overnight Insulin Delivery and Glucose in Children Using the MiniMed 670G System" - oral presentation by Dr. Anirban Roy on Sunday, June 24 from 2:15 - 2:30 p.m. W308, 206-OR.
- "Overnight to Early-Morning Glycemic Outcomes in Children Using the MiniMed 670G Hybrid Closed-Loop (HCL) System" - oral presentation by Dr. Gregory P. Forlenza on Sunday, June 24 from 6 - 6:15 p.m. W204, 236-OR.
- "Characterization of the Predictive Low Glucose Management (PLGM) Algorithm of the MiniMed 670G System in Children" - poster presentation by Dr. Dorothy I. Shulman on Sunday, June 24 from 12 - 1 p.m (Poster Hall, 965-P) and moderated poster presentation on Monday, June 25 from 12-1 p.m. (ePoster Theater B, 965-P).
- "Postprandial Response in Children Using the MiniMed 670G System" - poster presentation by Dr. Di Wu on Sunday, June 24 from 12 - 1 p.m. Poster Hall, 969-P.
- "MiniMed Veo(TM) Insulin Pump Analysis for Real-World Non-Adjunctive CGM Insights" - poster presentation by Dr. Robert A. Vigersky on Saturday, June 23 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Poster Hall, 920-P.
Company Exhibit Floor Presentations
Additionally, Medtronic will host a series of presentations at the booth from Saturday through Monday, providing an opportunity for attendees to learn about the application of Medtronic technologies from experts. A full list of presentations is below:
- MiniMed 670G System Real World Data & Patient Stories - Saturday, June 23 at 10:30 a.m. and Sunday, June 24 at 1:30 p.m.
- Digital Therapeutics: Improving Adherence and Outcomes - Saturday, June 23 at 3 p.m.
- Creating Personalized Treatment Plans Through iPro(TM)2 Professional CGM - Sunday, June 24 at 10:30 a.m.
- Guardian Connect CGM & Sugar.IQ Insights - Sunday, June 24 at 3 p.m. and Monday, June 25 at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Finally, Medtronic will also be hosting two Product Theater Presentations. The date and time for each presentation is as follows:
- "The Guardian Connect System: Utilizing predictive alerts and data backed insights to help with diabetes management" - presented by Dr. Timothy S. Bailey and Huzefa Neemuchwala on Sunday, June 24 at 10:15 a.m.
- "MiniMed 670G System: Increasing time in range with automated insulin delivery" - presented by Drs. Anders L. Carlson and Jennifer L. Sherr on Monday, June 25 at 10:15 a.m.
Analyst and Investor Briefing
- Women Interprofessional Networking (WIN) ADA Networking Reception - taking place Friday, June 22 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. EDT at the Orange County Convention Center in the Third Level Foyer
- 12th Annual Diabetes Forum - taking place on Monday, June 25 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the Rosen Centre Hotel
- Musings Under the Moon - taking place on Monday, June 25 from 9:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m. at BB King's Blues Club
About the Diabetes Group at Medtronic (www.medtronicdiabetes.com)
Any forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties such as those described in Medtronic's periodic reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results.
This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Medtronic plc via Globenewswire