|Medtronic Joins Catalyst CEO Champions For Change and Pledges to Accelerate Women Into Management and Board Seats|
(GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) --Medtronic CEO Omar Ishrak Commits to Continue Accelerating Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality
DUBLIN - September 17, 2018 - Medtronic plc (NYSE:MDT) today announced it has joined the Catalyst CEO Champions For Change. This transformational diversity and inclusion initiative was launched by Catalyst - a global thought leader and partner in accelerating the progress of women at work for over 50 years.
Medtronic joins more than 50 other leading global companies that are committing to drive change, specifically pledging to:
- Accelerate progress in the representation of women, including women of color, in executive/senior level positions over five years.
- Accelerate the representation of women, including women of color, on the company's Board of Directors over five years.
- Strengthen the pipeline of women through an annual review of internal diagnostics and leverage leading practices to address any identified issues.
- Benchmark and track inclusion and improve the culture of inclusion within the organization.
- Share key representation metrics with Catalyst for benchmarking and for anonymized reporting of our collective aggregate progress.
"Since it was written more than half a century ago, our Medtronic Mission has included a tenet that calls us to respect the dignity and personal worth of our employees. Today, we know that in a global marketplace and diverse world, our ability to achieve our Mission and remain true to this tenet is enhanced when we advance gender equality and foster an enriching, inclusive workplace," said Omar Ishrak, Medtronic chairman and chief executive officer. "I'm honored to be representing Medtronic in joining the Catalyst CEO Champions For Change movement, and continuing to drive and track measurable results in the advancement of women."
"Our Catalyst CEO Champions For Change companies represent more than 9 million employees and more than $1.7 trillion dollars in revenue globally. The positive ripple effect from their commitment is tremendous in helping to build workplaces where everyone has a fair chance to succeed," said Lorraine Hariton, president and CEO of Catalyst.
Read the full Catalyst CEO Champions For Change pledge and find out more about joining the movement at www.catalyst.org/Champions.
Any forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties such as those described in Medtronic's periodic reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results.
This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Medtronic plc via Globenewswire